My Jumpsuit

  
The patterns I used Butterick B4556, View F for my bodice and New Look 6764 for my pant. My fabric choice was a light weight denim that had slight stretch; it is a home dec fabric and could be used for window treatments. 

At first draft, I added 2.5″ to the side seams on front and back pieces and was WAYYYYY too big; then, I cut sides seams down 2″ and it was too tight.  Second draft, I added side panels that were about 1 1/8″ and it was just right!  I adjusted the collar to open at the back because I decided on a zipper back.  Wrong!…I moved the zipper to the side.  I would have been trapped in my jumpsuit, come bathroom time!  I also cut 1″ off side seams of pants and took the “curve” out of the side hip making them straight, as I have no hips.  I cut 2″ off the waist of the bodice (my short torso); and added upper bust darts, so I would not have “wings”.

   
 
I love the way it turned out!  Excuse my bathroom (so embarrassing)!

I used to wear jumpsuits LOTS in the 70s!  But, I will stick to the elastic waist (no zips, please) jumpers! 

HAPPY SEWING!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s