Wanting to make more dresses for myself, my next selection was this TNT Burda Drape Neck Top and Dress. I’ve made the top, but had never made the dress. Supplies include: green knit fabric that was gifted, and 1″ wide elastic.
I used my revised top front pattern for the dress front – it has the FBA. I moved the elastic casing up to the waist – I didn’t want all of that blousing effect. I am busty and have a short torso, all that blousing would not look pretty on me.
And, I shortened the length of the dress about 6 inches. Six inches may have been a bit much, I have a scant 1/2″ hem – WHEW!
It took about 1 1/2 hours. Love a quick sew! Love my green dress! Can’t wait to put it in action! Hmmmmm, maybe tomorrow!
Until next time,
Another top for my wardrobe…much needed!
…jersey knit red.
Finished my Marlene Trousers by Burda using fabric from my stash. The fabric feels and looks like it could be a wool gabardine. Don’t know, anyhow it came out lovely! Excited…I was able to come down another two sizes (my hard work is paying off)! I do very little adjustments to any of my pants, shorts and skirts other than add some in the waist. I have never had junk-in-my-trunk!
My next project that is kinda finished (it just needs bias binding) is Polly Top, a free pattern By Hand London! This is my first time ever sewing this pattern AND it is fabulous! I will definitely be sewing loads more of these tops (for one, I live in Florida and wear lots of tanks and sleeveless-ness). This pattern has loads of possibilities and is a quick sew! (Soundtrack is Finally, by CeCe Peniston)
I bought the sequin (1/2 yard – splurge) almost 2 years ago and had plans to make an evening bag; I have some leftover, I CAN still make that wristlet and the black is from my stash! I made a FFBA (Fulla, Full Bust Adjustment – I always have to make this adjustment to all of my tops). I also had to adjust my armholes, too!
Gotta go! Hubby and I are having a ole’ skool music fest! (Patrice Rushen, Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes, Isley Brothers, Jeffrey Osborne, Roy Ayers, etc…bumpin to Parliament Funkadelic now)! What?!?!?!
I finished my Marlene trousers turned shorts! They are lovely…I like!
First, I was able to go down a size (and, maybe 2 sizes for next time)! Yay, me! Then, I cut 10″ from the crotch for my desired length and hemmed up 1.5″. The hip yoke pockets were a bit of a fuss, but I ‘werked’ it! These trousers were a pretty easy sew and put together with a thin wale corduroy in wine from my stash. Love the buttons! They were in my stash, as well.
I had the sew bug on Christmas Eve! I stayed up til 4 am finishing my shorts and then, decided to sew-up this knit tee with recycled sleeves and knit collarband. (Sorry for the blur). A local store was going to throw out some kid size Hanes white tees that had marker markings from packaging. I asked if I could purchase them for a small fee, but they were nice to gift them to me; from which I cut the sleeves and collarband for my tee. However, this is not The planned blouse I’m going to sew-up to partner with these cute shorts! I’m working on it.
Hope you all enjoyed your Christmas! HAPPY SEWING!!!
Posted in Sewing
Tagged alteration, blouse, Burda, corduroy, knit, pants, pattern, recycle, shorts, tee, upcycle